- Product Liability
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death Litigation
- Automobile and Trucking Negligence
- Medical and other Professional Negligence
- Complex, multiple party matters
- Global Mediation
- Pre-suit Mediation
- Insurance Claims and Coverage Disputes
- Extra Contractual Liability
In addition to trying cases, he is certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a mediator for Circuits 11 and 17. He works extensively in pre-suit mediation to help clients avoid the expense and uncertainty associated with litigation.
Mr. Robinson started his legal career as a bailiff for The Honorable Francis X. Knuck, Senior Circuit Court Judge for Florida’s Eleventh Judicial Circuit. While working for Judge Knuck, Mr. Robinson had the opportunity to meet several of Florida’s leading trial lawyers, including the legendary J.B. Spence.
Spence, known to Florida lawyers as the “Dean of Torts” offered Mr. Robinson a job as an associate in 1989. Mr. Robinson worked alongside Spence for six years until the firm dissolved in 1995. He then became a named partner at the successor firm and worked there until forming his own Fort Lauderdale firm in 1996. Shortly thereafter, Mr. Robinson reunited with Paul Pecaro, an old law school friend, and the two formed the predecessor to today’s Robinson Pecaro & Mier.
When not in the courtroom, Mr. Robinson donates his time to several charities, including the Rope Foundation, a charitable organization founded contemporaneously with the firm. The Rope Foundation provides financial assistance to numerous charities including Special Olympics. St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, American Red Cross, Women in Distress, Hospice, and others. The foundation is funded solely by donations from Robinson Pecaro & Mier.
Recognition and Achievement
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Florida Academy of Professional Mediators, Member
- Judicial Nominating Commission, 4th District Court of Appeals, Member 2002-2006
- J.D., University of Miami School of Law, 1989
- B.A., Marine Affairs, University of Miami, 1984
- Studies in Metallurgical Engineering, University of Wisconsin at Madison, 1979-1981
- Florida, 1989
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 1992
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1992
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator