Vanessa Alvarez works in the litigation department, handling all aspects of civil litigation for national insurance carriers, ranging from automobile negligence actions and property damage actions to wrongful death cases.
Ms. Alvarez began her legal career as a Legal Assistant in a Personal Injury law firm where she worked in the pre-litigation department.
In 2019, keeping a promise to her father, Ms. Alvarez graduated with honors, Summa Cum Laude, from Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad College of Law. During her time at NSU, Ms. Alvarez served on the Nova Law Review, first as a junior associate and then as an articles editor. Ms. Alvarez also served on the boards for the following organizations: Tort Law Society (President); Hispanic Student Bar Association (Director of Finance), and the Nova Chapter of the Florida Association for Women Lawyers (Treasurer). In 2018, Ms. Alvarez became a member of NSU’s Moot Court Society and won 1st place in the Upper Class Feinrider Competition. Ms. Alvarez also had the honor of being selected to present NSU Shepard Broad College of Law at the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition in 2018 and 2019. In 2018, Ms. Alvarez’s team were Quarterfinalists and won an award for the Top 5th Brief in the region. In 2019, Ms. Alvarez’s team again were Quarterfinalists and Ms. Alvarez won an award for the Top 7th Oralist in the Region.
In 2019, she joined Robinson Pecaro & Mier.
Ms. Alvarez also volunteers for the Guardian Ad Litem program since 2017 in Broward County.
- Insurance Defense
- Wrongful Death
- Insurance Coverage
Recognition and Achievement
- Einstein Law Scholarship Endowment, 2018-19
- Sam Levine Memorial Scholarship, 2018
- Broward County Women Lawyers’ Association Rising Star Scholarship, 2019
- Larry Kalevitch Award, 2019
- Coauthor, Florida Supreme Court Aims to Expand Bad Faith Standards, Law360 (Oct. 22, 2018).
- Coauthor, Fla. Insurers Should Beware Expanded Bad Faith Standards, Law360 (Sept. 26, 2018).
- The Florida Bar, Member
- Broward County Bar Association, Member
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers, Member
- Broward County Women Lawyers Association, Member
- Broward County Bar Hispanic Lawyers Committee, Member
- J.D., Nova Southeastern University, 2019
- B.A., Political Science, University of Florida, 2011
- The Florida Bar, 2019